Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Magnet fishing

This is a story of how a layout evolved.

I had some photos of my son magnet fishing, but needed good embellishments. Do you know what shape the Silhouette Studio store is missing (as of today, anyways)? Magnets! Luckily the tracing feature came to my aid.



After I had traced out the original shape, I split it into 4 different colours so that it would end up looking nicely 3D.


I also had some great older Little Yellow Bicycle paper that I had been saving up for a good boy page.

But then I needed a plain background behind the photos so they didn't get overwhelmed. I happened to be at a crop with lots of shopping. As luck would have it, the new Carta Bella release had some great light grey gear paper. The perfect shade to match the LYB, plus great texture.

And things just fell into place after that. Some Crimson Thickers, some gears that were crop freebies layered with Spellbinders gear die cuts (dies borrowed from a fellow cropper)... et voila.



Materials: Little Yellow Bicycle - Fern and Forest Boy Collection, Carta Bella - Work Hard Play Hard Working Gears, Thickers - Crimson

No comments:

Post a Comment